Chairperson Pat Balfe
Secretary Caoimhe O'Callaghan
Treasurer Jennifer Pucka
Board Members: Pat Corcoran
Ex-Officio: Tom Dunne (Regional Director)
The Board of Kildare Youth Services aspire to
operate to the highest standards of governance and best practice and are guided by the following principles:
provide leadership for our organisation by:
- Agreeing our purpose, vision, values, and mission statement
and ensuring that they remain relevant and valid.
- Developing, resourcing, monitoring and evaluating a strategic
plan to make sure that our organisation achieves its stated purpose.
- Managing, supporting and holding to account staff,
volunteers and all who act on behalf of the organisation.
exercise control over our organisation by:
- Identifying and complying with all relevant legal and
- Making sure that there are appropriate internal financial
and management controls.
- Identifying major risks for our organisation and deciding
ways of managing the risks.
are transparent and accountable by:
- Identifying those who have a legitimate interest in the
work of our organisation (stakeholders) and making sure that there is regular
and effective communication with them about our organisation.
- Responding to queries or views expressed by stakeholders about the
work of our organisation and its governance.
- Encouraging and enabling the engagement of those who
benefit from our organisation in the planning and decision-making of the
work effectively by:
- Ensuring that our governing body, individual board members,
sub-committees, staff and volunteers where applicable, understand their role,
their legal duties and their delegated responsibility for decision-making.
- Making sure that as a board we exercise our collective
responsibility through board meetings that are efficient and effective.
- Making sure that there are suitable board development,
recruitment and retirement processes in place.
behave with integrity by:
- Adhering to the highest standards of honesty, fairness and
- Understanding, declaring and managing conflicts of interest
and conflicts of loyalties.
- Safeguarding and promoting our organisation's reputation.